Sunday 3 November 2013

Bloglovin

bloglovin://vieworiginal 
Ah, perfume. Of all my beauty loves, fragrance has to be right up there at the top of the list. Whilst I'd love to carry (or afford) a 200ml bottle of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle around with me at all times, that sort of bulk just isn't going to fly with my handbag. So, instead I opted to share a run down of my top travel-sized scents. 
Rollerballs are definitely the easiest handbag option, and on my most recent Stateside trip I stocked up. Top of the to-buy list was one of all all time favourite fragrances (which is now sadly discontinued), Chloe Love. This is a delicious, powdery scent, which when applied from this rollerball lasts all day. I'm rationing this out. Marc Jacobs has got to be the king of portable perfume. Over on the other side of the pond he offers all of his scents in rollerball sized, and I boughtDaisy Eau So Fresh in Sephora for $22. I've raved about both of these perfumes beforehere so I won't go in to too much detail, but it's a light, fruity scent that I like to top up through the day by rolling a dab on to my wrists. 
For those of us back in the UK, don't panic - you can still get your petit parfumé M-J fix. Daisy Eau So Fresh is available in a 20ml purse spray option, or you could always try a solid perfume. I received this pretty ring containing the original Daisy a couple of years ago and I've barely made a dent in it. This is a clean, fresh fragrance which translates perfectly in to solid form and lingers all day. Plus, the packaging is gorgeous! 
If you'd rather go for a straight-up spray that isn't going to take up your entire handbag or cost you the earth, then look no further than Zara. For a review of a couple of their scents check here, but my latest acquisition which has made it's way in to my handbag is Zara Gold. This is one grown up fragrance - it's a lot more earthy than I typically go for, but has a light trace of vanilla to balance it out. The bottle of this is effortlessly beautiful, and for less than a tenner for the travel sized spray, you can't go wrong. 
With Victoria's Secret having finally launched in the UK, it would've been rude of me to not take advantage of their extensive fragrance selection. I boughtSun Blissed because it smells just like my mum (this is a bit of a dupe of her favourite perfume, Dolce & Gabbanna Light Blue). It's a crisp, light fragrance - do you see a theme? - but VS stock stock the majority of their scents in handy handbag sized bottles for £11 each, so it's worth taking a look. 
There we have it ladies - now there are no excuses for not smelling dreamy on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment